DEL Daily News
DEL Time: 15:10
Request For: Pro Football|
Request Title: Spread out pro football free agency
Limit # of players signed in the first few rounds of free agency so the free agency period is spread out instead of being a mostly single round event. For example top 25% players slated for first round, next 25% plus whoever got cut go in second round, etc. This lets you modify your priorities as the period progresses. Right now the first FA round has too much sway over your teamís success compared to any other event. A bad first round or missing it in real life can greatly damage your teamís chances. The way it is done in CCEL works well - single signing day where everything happens, but in pro football this spreading out would be more realistic
Submitted Jan 11 00:58:04 2019
by Coach Clipboard
Coaches In Favor of Change: Coach Clipboard, Jeff Blevins
Coaches Opposed to Change: Johnny Gunn
Jeff Blevins: I like it for both reasons. I have missed it alot recently and it is hard to play if you miss it.
Status: Declined (last updated Nov 28 12:51:47 2019
After some discussion over e-mail, with Coach Clipboard, the fundamental problem here is that the pro free agent signing order is largely a function of the orders submitted by coaches. So, in order to stop bidding after the first 25% of available free agents were signed, we would still require everyone to submit a full set of bids (for all available free agents). Then, the second round of free agency would work similarly - everyone submits bids for the remaining 75%, and bidding stops after 1/3 of those are signed. Only the third and any later rounds would work as expected.
Overall, while this would allow for a course correction after the first round (or for coaches who missed the first round to somewhat recover), this would significantly increase the workload for the majority of coaches.
Also, please note that a separate change was implemented to e-mail coaches who had not submitted orders, so the change requested here should not be as important as it once was.
Terms of Service -
Copyright © 1995-2019, Dolphin Simulation Games
All Rights Reserved